If you keep yourself well informed of the latest fashion in town you would be aware of the waist training hype created by some well known celebrities like Jessica Alba and Kim Kardashian. These celebrities have promoted its use and guaranteed its effectiveness. Before blindly following their footsteps just because they are popular, it is advisable to carefully research what waist training actually is and what its pros and cons are. Waist training in simplest terms is the practice of wearing a tight garment around the waist in order to lose waist and achieve a slimmer look. Here is a list of a few pros and cons of waist trainers.
- It promotes weight loss. Some waist trainers are designed to be worn during workout. These high compression garments around the waist stimulate more sweat during workout speeding up the weight loss process. Also, if you wear it at mealtimes, you will feel fuller faster meaning you will only eat what’s necessary to eliminate your hunger and not more, promoting further weight loss.
- Gives a slim figure instantly. Wearing these high compression garments around the waist will take 3 to 4 inches instantly off your waist. Many women prefer wearing it under their dresses when going out for a special occasion. It will make them look slimmer and their dresses look much prettier on them. Once you look good, it will give an instant boost to your confidence as well.
- It gives back support. Many people, both male and female wear it for back support as well. For those who suffer from back ache problems, regular use of waist trainers will provide them with the necessary back support and a relief from the pain.
- Improves your posture. While wearing the waist trainer, you will be able to keep the perfect posture while sitting and standing. The boning of the waist trainer helps in preventing you from slouching. With its regular use you will get in the habit of maintaining a good posture.
- It helps in regaining original waist size after giving birth. It is used by women who have just given birth. Wearing waist trainers regularly for a couple of months can help regain their pre-pregnancy waist sizes back faster. Jessica Alba after having used it after giving birth, claims of its effectiveness.
- It is not comfortable to wear. Wearing something too tight around the waist will most likely cause discomfort. Do not tighten it beyond limits, because this practice will do more harm than good. If you feel any shortness of breath, bruising, sharp stomach pain or numbness in the legs it means that you have tightened it too much. You need to discontinue its use immediately.
- Wearing it during meals will cause heartburns. Wearing it during meals, although preventing you from overeating can cause some serious issues. It will prevent proper digestion in addition to pushing acid into your esophagus causing heartburn.
- It can cause muscle weakness. If you are wearing your waist trainer constantly for extended periods of time it can cause your muscles to weaken causing muscle atrophy.
4. It can reshape your bones. Excessive and aggressive use of waist trainers has the capabilities of reshaping your bones. This aggressive reshaping of bones will also weaken them in the process. Think carefully before providing yourself with permanent, irreversible bodily harm.